Recovery lives here.
We are currently experiencing issues assessing the links on the desktop version of this page. We are trying to get this problem fixed as soon as possible. You can still access these links on your mobile device. We apologize for any inconveniences this causes.
The primary mission of WAQRR is to promote the establishment, successful management and growth of high quality community based recovery residences in Washington State.
We accomplish this by:
• Maintaining quality standards for recovery residences
• Certifying and publicizing recovery residences
• Interfacing with neighborhoods, government, and other agencies.
• Providing resources and training for residence operators.
We are developing a network of safe, effective, and high-quality recovery providers who provide the environments essential for recovery from all forms of substance use disorder.
The Washington Alliance for Quality Recovery Residences was founded in 2017 by a group of recovery residence operators and other stakeholders. Our goal is to provide a platform for mutual support, accountability, and resources for operators who desire to provide safe and healthy residential communities for people in recovery from substance use disorders.
Our board of directors meets regularly to develop the organization, review policies and procedures, and discuss how to better support our members. As a young organization, we are working to develop programs and practices that help our certified members as they serve the people they care about most.
There are two types of WAQRR membership:
Certified members are housing providers who have applied for and been granted certification for all of their recovery residences. Certified members can also participate in governance and professional development activities.
Associate members are non-providers who believe in our mission and pay a small fee ($50 per year) to support our work.
To ensure consistent safety and quality, WAQRR accredited recovery residences undergo annual reviews. This includes program and document reviews, site visits, and resident and staff interviews.
Residences are evaluated against the WAQRR Quality Standards adopted by our board of directors in 2019.
- Sun, Jun 12Everett Recovery CaféJun 12, 11:30 AM – Jun 13, 1:30 PMEverett Recovery Café, 1212 California St, Everett, WA 98201, USAJoin us for this in-person training event. We will cover are recovery residences quality standards, vital leadership roles, conflict management, and recovery capital basics. All meals will be provided free of charge, and we will be offering some discounted lodging as well.